A one-day conference on political economy hosted by International Socialism journal
In an era of crisis, revolt and revolution, questions are arising that demand answers from the radical left: How is Marx's analysis of capitalism relevant to the current crisis? Is the working class the agency which can overthrow capitalism? What forms of organisation and resistance are most effective in fighting for a different world?
This one-day conference, organised by International Socialism
journal, will bring together activists, writers and academics from different traditions and backgrounds to discuss these and other issues.
- Paul Mason (author of Why it's Kicking Off Everywhere
- Alex Callinicos (author of Imperialism and Global Political Economy
- Guglielmo Carchedi
(author of Behind the Crisis: Marx's Dialectics of Value and Knowledge
- Esme Choonara (author of A Rebel's Guide to Trotsky
- Joseph Choonara (author of Unraveling Capitalism: A Guide to Marxist Political Economy
-Kevin Doogan (author of New Capitalism? The Transformation of Work
- Jane Hardy (author of Poland's New Capitalism
- Guy Standing
(author of The Precariat: The New Dangerous Class)
Price: £10 waged/£3 students & unwaged
To book, call 020 7819 1177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.