Targeted Evictions at the Zad Begin Monday, April 6
This statement from the Zad Assembly of Uses was first published at Zad Forever on 3 April.
On February 10th, a few weeks after the airport project was dropped, dozens of thousands of people converged again to Notre-Dame-des-Landes to root the future of the zad. Since then, the Assembly of Uses has laid the foundations of this project through the beginning of a dialogue with government representatives. 1 During this transition phase, a first global collective convention has been proposed by the movement to take the fields and dwellings in charge. But the government still threaten to evict some of these dwellings. An operation mobilizing thousands (2500 according to the press) of police men and women is announced for Monday 9th April.
We denounce the double-dealing of the government which announced it wants a "peaceful and reasonable" evolution of the situation while planning an eviction operation which is moreover illegal. We can’t accept that inhabitants who preserved the bocage will be evicted tomorrow. We can’t accept that dwellings and spaces of activities which have nurtured the experience of the zad and are necessary to its future will be destroyed by a new police operation. We invite those who support the avenir of the zad to organize accordingly!
In case of evictions of habitations, we call for different types of answers on several geographical scales.
On the zad and around :
– call to contribute to the workshops organized in April.
– call to come defend the zone.
We already decided that except in case of police intervention, the roads would stay circulating for the inhabitants, the peasants and neighbours. In case of police attack, we might block them if necessary. We call supporters to act accordingly. Welcome spaces will be organized on the zone and around.
– call in case of destruction to come rebuild the zone.
Outside the zad :
– call for gatherings and occupations the very night of the evictions on city places, in front of municipalities, and prefecture and police stations.
/The //A//ssembl//y//of //U//ses, Tuesday 3rd April. /
1. The Assemblies of Uses have been implemented in summer 2017 on the zad of Notre-Dame-des-Landes. They gather regular users of the zad — inhabitants, neighbours, peasants, people involved in activities on the zone and the different components of the struggle. Their goal is to think and build the collective organization of this territory according to the "Six points for the future of the zad." Yesterday night, this Assembly decided to launch a call to face the imminent evictions on the zad.
FOLLOW THE EVICTIONS ON TWITTER @ZAD_NDDL