- You can buy ebooks directly from this website, and whenever possible we will also offer ebooks bundled with any print books that you buy from us.
- Ebooks from the Verso website are watermarked and DRM-free, and will work on any of your devices—but they can’t be uploaded to websites or file-sharing networks (here are our full terms and conditions).
- Once you buy an ebook, you can download it as either an epub file (for every reader or device except the Kindle) or as a mobi file (for the Kindle). Both files will remain available on your Library page for subsequent downloads.
- Depending on your ebook reader you can either just click on the file (iPad/iPhone), or receive it wirelessly by email (Kindle), or connect your device and drag-and-drop the downloaded file.
- If you would rather buy Verso ebooks for your device directly from Amazon, Apple, B&N, Google, or Sony, then they'll be delivered to you in the usual way, with Digital Rights Management (DRM) applied.
- If you have any problems with ordering print books from Verso, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.
Start reading straight away on your iPad, iPhone, or Kindle
If you're using iOS (for iPad or iPhone), you should be able to click on the download link for the epub file and then select “Open in iBooks”. To read the book on your other devices you can either use Sync Collections in iBooks, or get the epub file delivered to you by email and open it from Mail. At any time, you can also log in to your account on the Verso website and go to your Library page to download the epub file again.
If you’re using a Kindle or the Kindle app, you will have a Send-to-Kindle email address ending in kindle.com (it’s usually firstname.lastname@example.org, and it can be found at the Manage your Devices page at Manage your Kindle). You’ll need to go to Personal Document Settings at Manage your Kindle in order to authorize the email@example.com email address to send the ebook to you. The Verso website can then wirelessly deliver your mobi file to that address if you click on the “Email ebook” button below the book on your Order History page. You can save that email address for future purchases, which will then be instant and wireless.
Or download to your Kindle, Nook, Kobo, etc ...
With some e-readers you will need to download the file to your computer, then connect your device to your computer—probably with a USB cable—and drag the file to your device’s books or documents folder.
Save the mobi file locally, connect the Kindle with the USB cable, and open Finder, File Manager, or Windows Explorer (the program that lists drives and folders), and you'll see a new device on the left called something like SDCARD. Inside SDCARD there should be a My Files or My Documents folder: copy your mobi file into there. Then when you go to your Docs section on your Kindle, you should see it.
Nook, Kobo, etc
Download the epub file to your computer, connect your Nook with the USB cable, and you should see a new drive or device called something like MyNookColor. If you have an sdcard in your Nook, you'll also see an SDCARD. Copy the epub file to the MyNookColor/my files/books folder.
Reading your ebook on a desktop computer
On a Mac, epub files can be downloaded and opened in iBooks. For Windows, you will first need to download an ebook-reading program, such as Adobe Digital Editions. Once installed, you can download and open the epub file.
If your ebook appears as a zip file it means that you have yet to download the necessary software to read it.
Still having problems?
Verso’s ebooks are DRM-free, and epub files are the global standard for electronic books—we’ve made every effort to ensure that they’re readable on any device or computer. If you think that something went wrong with the download, you can re-download your ebook at any time from your Library page.
If you're still having problems, then please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (US and Canada customers) or email@example.com (UK, Europe and Rest of World customers) including your order number (7 digits and starts with a V), and we’ll do everything that we can to help.
Please make sure that you include the following information:
1. What device and app you're using.
2. What steps you have already attempted.
3. At what point does the procedure fail, and any error messages that you receive.