John Berger at 90: The Verso podcast in collaboration with London Review Bookshop
John Berger has revolutionised our understanding of art, politics, language, media, society and everyday experience since his landmark book and TV series Ways of Seeing over forty years ago.
As the internationally influential critic, novelist, film-maker, dramatist and storyteller enters his ninetieth year, the latest Verso podcast in collaboration with the London Review Bookshop celebrates his life and work.
Gareth Evans is joined by Tom Overton, editor of Landscapes: John Berger on Art, Yasmin Gunaratnam, editor of A Jar of Wild Flowers, and Mike Dibb, film-maker and director of Ways of Seeing, to explore Berger's art and politics, the evolution of his own way of seeing, and its enduring relevance.
Landscapes: John Berger on Art is 40% off, along with ALL our books by John Berger, until November 6th.
Several books are being published this autumn in tribute to Berger, who is Author of the Month at the London Review Bookshop:
- Landscapes: John Berger on Art edited by Tom Overton (Verso), a companion volume to Portraits: John Berger on Artists
- A Jar of Wild Flowers edited by Yasmin Gunaratnam with Amarjit Chandan (Zed) collects essays by writers including Ali Smith, Sally Potter, Ram Rahman, Hsiao-Hung Pai and others
- Confabulations (Penguin), through Berger's drawings, notes, memories and reflections explores language
- John Berger: Collected Poems (Smokestack)collects Berger's poetry in English for the first time
- The Long White Thread of Words: Poems for John Berger (Smokestack), edited by Amarjit Chandan, Yasmin Gunaratnam and Gareth Evans
- Lapwing & Fox (Collectif), a series of conversations in correspondence sent between Berger and his friend, artist and film-maker John Christie.
All our books by John Berger are 40% off until November 6th. See here for further details.
In celebration of John Berger's milestone 90th birthday, we have 40% off ALL the books on our Berger bookshelf. See all the books below and click here to activate your discount.
Includes free shipping, worldwide, and bundled ebooks (where available). Ends on Sunday 6th November at midnight (UTC).
A Gift for John Berger by Ali Smith
To Tell a Story: John Berger and Susan Sontag in conversation
Our John Berger competition (in conjunction with Zed Books and Penguin books)