We've very proud to announce that this year's shortlist contains two books published by Verso in the past year; Andreas Malm's Fossil Capital: The Rise of Steam Power and the Roots of Global Warming, and Tony Norfield's The City: London and the Global Power of Finance.
The full shortlist is:
- Roberto Finelli, A Failed Parricide: Hegel and the Young Marx (Brill, 2015)
- Bob Jessop, The State: Past, Present, Future (Polity, 2015)
- Andreas Malm, Fossil Capital: The Rise of Steam Power and the Roots of Global Warming (Verso, 2016)
- Tony Norfield, The City: London and the Global Power of Finance (Verso, 2016)
- Anwar Shaikh, Capitalism: Competition, Conflict, Crises (Oxford University Press, 2016)
As always the winner will be announced at Historical Materialism conference in London on 10-13 November.
For more information, please visit the Deutscher Prize website.