Parental Leave Cover, 10 Months, Part-Time
The London office of Verso Books, the world’s leading independent radical publisher, is looking for a fixed-term contract Ecommerce Manager to cover a period of parental leave.
The person will be responsible for the successful management of our ecommerce operations, including both our direct sales and the Verso Book Club. The role will entail overseeing our customer service provision, ensuring that our ecommerce system runs smoothly, monitoring and resolving tech issues with our web development team, and reporting and analysing ecommerce and customer-experience data to develop and improve the customer user experience and customer relationships.
This is a hybrid role based in London and requires someone with excellent written and verbal skills, exceptional organisational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as alongside our innovative marketing team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with, and managing, ecommerce operations
- Experience managing customer service provision for ecommerce, including helpdesk software
- Experience working with a technical team to resolve problems
- Experience resolving complex distribution issues.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to turn data into actionable insights
- Advanced Excel and Microsoft Suite experience
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Strong organisational aptitude
It would also be beneficial (but not required) if the candidate also has:
- Experience working with Shopify Plus
- Experience with subscription services
- Experience with book publishing
- An interest in Verso’s publishing program
The contract is from the 1st February to 30th November 2023.
The salary is £34,000-£40,000 per annum (pro rata £20,4000-£24,000), depending on experience, for 3 days/week.
Verso embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds. Candidates with diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line Ecommerce Manager.
The deadline to apply is Monday 12th December, 2022.